June 24, 2003
F Rating — 2 Hr
FT Rating — 2 Hr
FH Rating — 2 Hr
FTH Rating — 2 Hr
- Floor or Wall Assembly — Min 4-1/2 in. thick reinforced lightweight or normal weight (100-150 pcf) concrete. Wall may also be constructed of any UL Classified Concrete Blocks*. Max diam of opening is 7 in.See Concrete Blocks (CAZT) category in the Fire Resistance Directory for names of manufacturers.
- Through Penetrants — One nonmetallic pipe to be installed either eccentrically or concentrically within the firestop system. An annular space of min 1/16 in. to max 5/16 in. is required within the firestop system. Pipe to be rigidly supported on both sides of floor or wall assembly. The following types and sizes of nonmetallic pipes may be used:
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Pipe — Nom 6 in. diam (or smaller) Schedule 40 cellular or solid core PVC pipe for use in closed (process or supply) or vented (drain, waste or vent) piping systems.
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Pipe — Nom 6 in. diam (or smaller) Schedule 40 cellular or solid core ABS pipe for use in closed (process or supply) or vented (drain, waste or vent) piping systems.
- Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Pipe — Nom 6 in. diam (or smaller) SDR 13.5 CPVC pipe for use in closed (process or supply) piping systems.
3. Firestop System — The firestop system shall consist of the following:
- Firestop Device* — Galv steel collar lined with an intumescent material sized to fit specific diam of the through penetrant. Device to be installed around through penetrant in accordance with accompanying installation instructions. Device incorporates anchor tabs for securement to floor or wall by means of 1/4 in. diam by 1-1/4 in. long steel expansion bolts in conjunction with min 3/4 in. diam washers at each anchor tab. Device to be installed on bottom surface of floor or both surfaces of wall. RECTORSEAL — Metacaulk Pipe Collar
- Fill, Void or Cavity Material* — A ½ in. diam bead of caulk shall be applied at the 1/16 in. annular space between the pipe and periphery of opening on top surface of floor or both surfaces of wall. RECTORSEAL — Metacaulk 1000
*Bearing the UL Classification Mark