PRO-Fit™ Precision Swage Kit is a six drill bit swage set for quickly, easily and inexpensively swaging refrigeration tubing without leak-prone imperfections.
RectorSeal®, Houston, a leading manufacturer of quality HVAC/R tools and accessories, introduces the PRO-Fit™ Precision Swage Kit, a collection of six drill bit swage tool sizes designed for quickly, reliably and inexpensively swaging copper and aluminum tubing used in split-system air conditioning, refrigeration and plumbing work.
PRO-Fit Precision Swage Kit bits used with a (minimum) 12v, 2,000-Plus RPM drill or impact driver combine friction, heat and pressure to reform tubing into a perfect swage for joining two similar-sized tubes, especially for use with any mini-split, VRF or split system unitary equipment installation. The five-second process eliminates copper coupling expense, cuts brazing by half and produces a more consistent swage than laborious manual hammer/punch swage tool methods. It’s also 12 times faster, less expensive and requires no maintenance versus hydraulic hand-swaging tools. PRO-Fit swages help prevent the potential sidewall splits, over-swaging and leaks associated with traditional methods that can raise installation costs and damage the environment.
The kit consists of six bell-shaped, color-coded, size-inscribed swaging bits designed for 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, and 7/8-inch (6, 7.5, 12, 16, 19, 22-mm) tubing. Each bit’s stopper guarantees the perfect swage depth for its respective diameter. The swaging process requires just seconds to complete without splits and burrs that typically cause swaged fitting connection leaks. The bits are also the most time-saving option versus traditional swaging tools for applications with wobbly short stubs or limited access tubing in cramped spaces.
The kit’s 7.5 x 11 x 2-inch (19 x 28 x 5-cm) durable clear plastic carrying case has heavy-duty hinges and includes an interior foam organizer with cutouts sized to fit each respective bit. A four-color 7.5 x 11-inch instruction sheet mounted under the foam is readable through the bottom of the plastic case bottom without removing.
Other PRO-Fit Precision Swaging Kit features include:
- Design and performance-tested in the field with contractor focus groups;
- Needs minimum training, no maintenance and is 66-percent less expensive than hydraulic swaging tool sets;
- Easily identified with same color-coding as nut driver sets;
- Designed with a non-slip, 1/4-inch-diameter (6-mm) hex-shaft for the industry standard 1/4-inch hex chuck, and made of hardened tool steel with a proprietary machine shop-grade non-corrosion coating;
- Maintains a straight edge without flaring that would require additional solder to fill;
- Available in four-unit cases at HVAC/R wholesale distributors;
- Individual replacement bits are available through distributors.
The kit is the second product introduction from RectorSeal’s new PRO-Fit brand introduced last year with the initial offering of the PRO-Fit Precision Flare Kit.