The high impact polymer design of Dura G-O-N™ offers the same features as the theft-resistant, nickel-bronze original G-O-N® product line.
RectorSeal® LLC, Houston, a leading manufacturer of quality plumbing and HVAC/R products, introduces Dura G-O-N™ to its Glue-On-Nozzle (G-O-N®) product line of decorative downspouts for commercial building roof drains. Dura G-O-N is a high impact polymer version of the original nickel-bronze G-O-N and offers the same easy, cost-saving installation features. Dura G-O-N and the original G-O-N are the plumbing and building industries’ only decorative downspout nozzles with a theft-resistant glue-on design that can be installed after the wall or building is completed.
Dura G-O-N is USA-made. The integration of its aesthetic patina-like bronze color during the polymer injection molding process makes its simulated oil-rubbed finish indistinguishable from a metal downspout. As a value-engineered, but equally functional alternative to the original metal G-O-N, Dura G-O-N is perfect for retrofits, less visible back-of-building applications or smaller projects with only a few roof drains.
Dura G-O-N is currently available in 4-inch-diameter (10-cm), the building industry’s most popular downspout size, however 3-inch and 6-inch-diameter (7 and 15-cm) models are planned for a first quarter 2018 release.
Dura G-O-N installs within minutes by fastening the three-screw escutcheon plate to the wall and then solvent cement-welding the nozzle’s PVC insert to the outside diameter of the building’s PVC drain pipe. Unlike the decorative downspout industry’s screw-on nozzles, the patented G-O-N glue-on technology is theft-resistant.
Other Dura G-O-N features are:
- Packaged in an easy-to-merchandise 9-1/4 (w) x 9-1/2 (h) x 6-inch (d) (23 x 24 x 15-cm) two-color cardboard box with installation instructions printed on the outside;
- Includes ultraviolet (UV) inhibitors and other built-in weather resistance to maintain the faux verdigris charm that simulates weathered metal;
- Unique notched escutcheon guarantees perfect leveling and alignment between flange and downspout on each installation;
- Saves construction costs and expedites rough-ins because it’s installed after wall completion, thus eliminating masonry crew coordination and project interruptions required with screw-on downspouts;
- Optional bird screen available;
- And available at most plumbing wholesale distributors.